Who We Are
In 1948, four men (Trevor Peacock, Pete Binns, Harry Hayes, Royal Ruggles) purchased the old Church of Christ building on the corner of 1 st Ave. SW in Black Diamond. This became the first church building for the Black Diamond Gospel Chapel.
The first minister was Roland Hawkes, who held his first service on October 3 rd, 1948. Mr. Hawkes was the pastor until he retired on April 1 st, 1980.
The Chapel operated as an independent church until 1984 when it joined the AGC. A new church building was constructed at 212 Centre Ave. West with it’s first service being conducted on July 19 th, 1992. This is the present location of the church.
After Pastor Hawkes retired, the pastors have been: